HSX uses a directory tree to control hotline site.
- Root directory: you can put it where you want. HSX will NEVER go out of this directory except if you explicitly force it. Symbolic link from inner to outer of hotline site can only be created by someone who can log in (using a true unix account). This kind of link can’t be created by a hotline user.
- Account directory (accounts): This directory contains all existing accounts on the site.
- Files directory (files): This directory contains site files. No user including admin can go outside this directory.
- News directory (news): News files are stored in this directory. If this directory does not exist, standard news are disabled.
- Threaded News directory (tnews): Threaded News files are stored in this directory. If this directory does not exist, threaded news are disabled.
- configuration file (hsx.conf): this file contains HSX configuration for this site. You can place it where you want, this location and this name are only a suggestion.
- Agreement file (agreement): this file contains the agreement displayed by HSX when a user logged in. This file must be placed here and is named agreement.