Mailbox is an extension of hotline protocol. This feature is currently only supported by HSX server (99/01/10 and later). Each account has a mailbox. Mail can’t be accessed using the file data structure.
If you use this feature on a not compatible server, it won’t crash, you will just receive an ‚Unknown Transaction type‘ error message.
- Post allows you to post a message to another user (account).
- Delete button deletes selected messages.
- Read retrieves content of selected messages.
- Save works like Read but instead of displaying messages, it saves them on disk.
- Refresh retrieves mail headers. When you open this window, you must press this button
Delete, Read and Save can deal with multiple selections.
Mails are always sorted by date. Sender field is the account name of the sender. Subject is the subject of the mail. Date is the local server time when the server receives the mail.